The 2017 Snap Inc. Research Fellowship program is designed to foster a strong collaboration between Snap Inc. Research and the brightest, most driven doctoral students from across the world. We aim to provide students additional resources and freedom to pursue innovative ideas and shape them into tangible cutting-edge research and products.
The 2017 Snap Inc. Research Fellowship consists of:
- A $10,000 fellowship award (the “Fellowship”)
- An offer for a full-time paid internship on the Research team at Snap Inc. for either the Summer 2018 or Fall 2018 term (the “Internship”)
Applications must be PhD students carrying out exceptional research in areas of computer science relevant to Snap Inc., including Computer Graphics, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Speech and Audio Processing, Artificial Intelligence, Human-Computer Interaction, or another related field. A committee of Snap Inc. researchers will review applicants and choose the Fellowship and Internship recipients based on: the relevance and quality of their research, their academic performance in technical coursework, their understanding of Snap Inc. products, and their technical and personal skills (problem solving, communication, leadership, organizational skills, ability to work in teams, and more).
All Fellowship recipients will be selected, and Internship offers will be made, at the sole discretion of the committee. Students may be invited for phone interviews after the initial review of the application.
In order to be considered for the 2017 Snap Inc. Research Fellowship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Must be registered as a full-time PhD student at a college or university in the United States
- Must remain an active, full-time PhD student for the full duration of 2018
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must not be an employee, officer, or director of Snap Inc. or any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees, or agents, nor an immediate family member of any such individual (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) or those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not)
How to apply
The 2017 Snap Inc. Research Fellowship program application period begins on September 8, 2017 at 3:00 PM Pacific Time and ends on October 31, 2017 at 6:00 PM Pacific Time. All references must complete the survey and submit letters of recommendation (see below) by November 15, 2017 at 6:00 PM Pacific Time. Fellowship recipients and Internship offers will be publicly announced by December 15th, 2017.
Applications must include:
- A two-page research summary highlighting how the student’s research could contribute to Snap Inc. products
- Three references from academia or industry familiar with the student’s work. Please send each reference this survey to be completed by November 15, 2017.
- A CV or resume
- A academic transcript of current and previous academic records including both undergraduate and graduate studies
- Optional: Link to github profile or any sample code licensed under open source
Snap Inc. reserves its sole discretion in how applications will be reviewed. Among other things, incomplete applications cannot be considered, and notifications of incompleteness will not be made.
Due to the volume of submissions, Snap Inc. cannot provide individual feedback on applications that are not selected for Fellowship awards or internship offers.
For additional information or questions, please send an email to email@example.com.
Terms of Service
Other Terms & Policies
At Snap Inc., we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.